The Lufthansa Group airlines – Lufthansa, Austrian Airlines, Brussels Airlines and SWISS – have integrated Africa’s most important growth markets into their worldwide route network. The Lufthansa Group continuously strengthen their network of destinations on the African continent, currently serving more than 33 destinations in Africa with over 600 flights a week from the UK and Ireland.
The Lufthansa Group continues to strengthen its network to this highly dynamic continent. Together the Lufthansa Group have Africa covered, with a combined offering of over 33 destinations in Africa and, individually, Lufthansa offers services to 15 African destinations Austrian to 4, Brussels Airlines to 19 and SWISS to 5. Also there is the new destination of Seychelles for Austrian. Nairobi is once again served by Lufthansa and Accra by Brussels Airlines to an enhanced schedule to connect favourably with all onward connections.
Brussels Airlines has a strong presence and excellent connections in Africa with over 80 years’ experience operating to the African continent. Brussels Airlines is a valuable partner within the Lufthansa Group.
Business Class – All Lufthansa Group airlines offer fully lie-flat state of the art business class seats. Offering 2 x 32kg of checked bags and 2 x hand luggage, plus many more benefits.
Premium Economy Class is available on Lufthansa to all African destinations designed to give an upgrade option between Economy and Business Class.
Economy Privilege – the Economy Class that offers more. With extra legroom, seats at the front of the Economy cabin, a personal amenity kit and other exclusive advantages, Brussels Airlines offers a perfect mix of enhanced comfort and an exclusive experience for passengers travelling on the intercontinental network.
The award winning airlines in the Lufthansa Group will meet all your requirements for your trip to Africa – whether it is business travel, working offshore, visiting friends and relatives or a long dreamed of vacation.
Key features, designed with you in mind.
- Huge network covering the African continent – more than 33 destinations with over 600 connecting weekly flights.
- Well timed connections with the Lufthansa Group are available from all over the United Kingdom and Ireland – Aberdeen, Birmingham, Bristol, Dublin, Edinburgh, London City, London Heathrow and Manchester plus code-shares services with bmi Regional from Bristol, East Midlands, Newcastle and Southampton.
- Harmonised and generous free baggage allowance – applying the piece concept with extra allowances for Miles & More frequent flyer members.
- Dedicated Africa Zone at Brussels Airport – Brussels Airlines has now also inaugurated a new lounge in Terminal B, called ‘The Suite’. Compared to the previous B Pier lounge, The Suite is double the size and offers a contemporary design and relaxation to frequent flyers and Business Class passengers. As in everything Brussels Airlines does, the Belgian spirit is reflected in it through Belgian beers, Belgian media, Belgian specialties and impressions of the surrealist art of René Magritte.
- Combinable fares across the group to give competitive availability and prices.
- Easy and fast transfers via Brussels, Frankfurt, Munich, Vienna and Zurich.
- PartnerPlusBenefit, a corporate travel incentive programme for small and medium sized businesses (www.ppb-infolounge.com)
Like what you just read?
Subscribe to our weekly blog for all your travel management and procurement news, views and facts.