Virgin Atlantic was recently voted Britain’s only Global Five Star Airline by APEX for the third year running in the Official Airline Ratings. Founded 35 years ago, the airline is renowned for delivering fantastic customer service and innovation to 5.4 million customers every year.
Expansion at Manchester Airport
As part of the airline’s continued growth in the North West, Virgin Atlantic has announced the expansion of its services out of Manchester Airport for Summer 2020. With 30,000 additional seats already being added for Winter 2019, the airline will further increase its capacity with another 43,000 seats to Orlando, Barbados and Las Vegas – a growth of 11% on these routes when compared to Summer 2019.
Together with partners Virgin Connect (Europe’s largest regional airline, formerly Flybe) and Delta Air Lines, Virgin Atlantic now offers more choice to passengers than ever before. The family of airlines will have a greater number of flights than any other carrier at Manchester Airport, together offering almost 800,000 long haul seats for Summer 2020.
What will be included in the summer expansion?
- Flights from Manchester to Barbados will increase from two times a week to three times a week for the whole of the summer season, offering an additional 10,000 seats
- There will be an increase in flights from Manchester to Las Vegas, with two extra weekly flights for the peak season and an extra 10,000 seats
- There will be an increase in flights from Manchester to Orlando, with up to two extra weekly flights, offering up to 14 flights a week in the peak summer season and 23,000 extra seats
- An extra two weekly flights from London Gatwick to Orlando has also been announced, offering up to 18 flights a week in the peak summer season
Flights are now on sale for various dates in Summer 2020.
Clubhouse lounge in Manchester
Along with the increased amount of choice, passengers will also be able to enjoy Virgin Atlantic’s iconic Clubhouse lounge in Manchester Airport, which is making its first appearance in Spring 2020. Upper Class customers and Gold Card members can take advantage of the exclusive space before their flight, which will include a la carte dinning, a full-service bar, quiet working spaces and a spa, allowing passengers to relax and rejuvenate before departure.
Juha Jarvinen, EVP Commercial at Virgin Atlantic, said, “With a greater number of flights to some of our most popular destinations, alongside a brand-new iconic Clubhouse scheduled to open next Spring, we’re confident our customers will be delighted by the Virgin Atlantic experience in Manchester.”
What can Virgin Atlantic and Diversity Travel offer you?
Virgin Atlantic offers a range of benefits that provide Charity and Academic clients with value for money and greater flexibility. When booking through Diversity Travel, you can benefit from:
- Special fares
- Extra baggage allowance
- Reduced change and cancellation fees
- Greater flexibility
To take advantage of the fares that Diversity Travel and Virgin Atlantic have to offer, please contact us using the button below.