Rail disruption expected on Avanti West Coast over Easter
Rail passengers are being advised to plan ahead over the Easter period as engineering work is set to cause major disruption to the west coast main line.
No trains will run to and from Euston station over Easter while Network Rail carry out improvement work. Other parts of the West Coast Main Line are also affected by work, with no direct trains to many stations.
No trains to or from Euston station
From 7 to 10 April, journeys to London will change:
- Avanti West Coast trains to London will end at Milton Keynes Central or Rugby station
- Replacement buses will take customers from Milton Keynes Central to Bedford station
- From there customers can catch a train into London St Pancras, just down the road from Euston
Travelling from London? Avanti West Coast services will be running north from Milton Keynes Central or Rugby station. Buses will take customers to Milton Keynes Central from Bedford station.
Customers may also be able to get a direct train from another London station. For example, trains to Birmingham go from London Marylebone with Chiltern Railways. Trains to Edinburgh run from London King’s Cross via LNER. The Avanti West Coast online journey planner can help customers find the best route for their journey.
Travelling to Scotland?
Upgrade work will also affect journeys to Glasgow Central and Edinburgh at Easter and up to 4 June. We advise customers check their journey and find out more about upgrade work in Scotland here.
Travelling to Crewe, Liverpool or the Lake District?
Other upgrade work will affect trains to these stations.
- Journeys to Crewe will be affected from Good Friday to Easter Monday (7 to 10 April)
- Journeys to Liverpool will be affected on Easter Sunday (9 April)
- Journeys to the Lake District will be affected on Easter Sunday and Monday (9 to 10 April)
What upgrade work is happening?
Network Rail are upgrading the track and signaling around Watford Junction, meaning the line through to London Euston is closed from 7 to 10 April. Other parts of the West Coast Main Line will also be closed over Easter as they carry out other essential improvement work. Find out more about their work on the West Coast Main Line >
Customers can find updates on the upgrade work over Easter via this page.