Virgin Atlantic now offering free COVID-19 insurance
Virgin Atlantic have launched a new COVID-19 global insurance cover.
The insurance applies to all existing and new bookings for travel from today (August 24th 2020) until March 31st 2021.
Juha Jarvinen, Chief Commercial Officer at Virgin Atlantic states that: “Our priority is always the health and safety of our people and customers and this industry-leading Virgin Atlantic COVID-19 Cover ensures customers can continue to fly safe and fly well with us.”
Key features of the COVID-19 Cover include:
• Up to £500,000 necessary and emergency medical expenses incurred due to Coronavirus affecting you or your travel companions.
• Denied Boarding/Quarantine – Virgin Atlantic will cover many necessary additional costs should you or your travelling companion be denied boarding or individually requested to quarantine in your destination due to Coronavirus, including personal accommodation, transport charges, refreshments, booking amendment fees and other travel expenses incurred.
• Cover for your whole trip, with no upper limit on the length of the time away.
• Repatriation, should it be medically necessary due to Coronavirus.
• Cover for all passengers with no restrictions on age, travel class or length of journey.
• There is no excess payable with this policy (unlike many traditional travel insurance policies).
• Terms, conditions and exclusions apply.
For further information, please visit the Virgin Atlantic Website