Japan expands entry ban
Japan’s Prime Minister Shinzo Abe said on Wednesday (1st April 20) the government was expanding a ban on the entry of non-Japanese people to cover 73 countries as policymakers try to contain the coronavirus outbreak.
The number of countries was increased by 49, including the United States, China and South Korea, he said. Restrictions had already been in place for anyone who’d travelled from the UK.
Abe also said that everyone entering the country, including Japanese nationals, will be asked to go into a voluntary two-week quarantine. Both measures will be effective from Friday 3rd April.