Travel Safety & Security (TSS) Training
Traveling overseas for work can be rewarding but also challenging. This engaging and interactive online course has been developed to explore those challenges and to help travelers feel happy, healthy, and safe.
The course is delivered as an open-seat online training, in 5 modules, each lasting 90 min.
The course includes information on how to:
- Develop a Travel Risk Assessment
- Understand how your personal profile affects your risk
- Develop a simple risk management plan
- Understand the security environment around you
- Become more situationally aware
- Deal with aggressive people, and threats
- Be safer in your hotel and taxi
- Develop practical strategies for protecting your psychological health
- Respond to specific threats (as identified by the learners, such as sexual violence, terrorist threats, road traffic accidents)
Outcomes: This course will teach learners how to:
- Enhance their safety and security awareness to increase confidence when traveling.
- Examine options to reduce the likelihood of a safety or security incident occurring while abroad.
- Evaluate options to reduce the impact of a safety or security incident should it occur while abroad.
- Improve their ability to carry out work effectively, fulfilling their objectives and those of the organization.