So, you're looking at places to go on mission trips. There are numerous places in the world that need help, and it can be hard to decide where to go. But there are some things to consider that can help you make your decision.
What Type of Work?
It is essential to think about what kind of work you want your members to be doing. Do you want them to build homes? Work in hospitals? Teach English? Once you know what kind of work you would like, you can start looking for places that need those skills.
Choose the Environment
Another thing to consider is what kind of environment you want your group to be in, whether a big city, the countryside or even somewhere with a tropical climate. Knowing what kind of environment your group would be most comfortable in can help you rule out places that wouldn't be a good fit.
Of course, when you’re looking at places to go on mission trips, you also have to think about the safety of the place you're going to. Check with the state department's travel advisories to see if there are any places they recommend avoiding. You'll also want to ensure that your group will have access to medical care if needed.
It's a Learning Curve
What do you want your group to learn while they are away on the mission trip? It is important that the place you choose aligns with the goals of your trip. For example, if you want your group to learn about a different culture, then choosing a place where that culture is prevalent is best.
Review Your Budget
Another consideration is your budget. Mission trips can be expensive, so you'll need to research how much it will cost to travel to and stay in your chosen destination. It would be beneficial to look for places that have affordable options for lodging and food.
Bearing in mind the above, here are some places to go on mission trips:
- Honduras is one location to consider due to the many needs of the people there. It is a developing country and your group can help by working on construction projects, teaching English or helping in one of the many orphanages.
- India is another option, especially if you want your group to learn about a different culture. They can work with children in less fortunate areas, help build homes or work in a hospital.
- Ethiopia is yet another place where your group can make a difference. There are many needs here, including working in orphanages, teaching English and providing medical care.
- The Philippines is perfect for those who want to teach English as a second language. You can also work in orphanages or help with disaster relief efforts.
- Kenya would be ideal for groups looking to work in a hospital setting, due to lack of proper medical care in some areas of the country.
- Ghana is a good option for those who want to work with children as there are multiple orphanages and schools that could benefit from your volunteers.
Many places across the world could use your help, and choosing where to go on a mission trip can be difficult, so take some time to consider what you want out of a trip before making your decision. Once you've done that, you can start looking into places that fit your criteria and begin planning your trip.
Book Your Mission Trip Today
At Diversity travel, we can assist you with a variety of places to go on mission trips. Get in touch with our team for any advice.